DR. IAN JONES
B.Ed., M.A., M.Sc., Ph.D., Dip.Ther. Couns., Dip.Psych.Couns., M.B.A.C.P.
Welcome ! You are probably considering counselling – and wondering whether it can help you ? It’s worth knowing that the odds are very good. Research* shows that around 80% of people who discuss their difficulties with a trained professional counsellor/therapist experience a significant improvement in they way they feel and cope – and that the positive effects of counselling tend to last for several years.
*Prof.M.Cooper, Essential Research Findings in Counselling and Psychotherapy – The Facts are Friendly, Sage/BACP, 2008.
I am a well-qualified and experienced professional counsellor in private practice, offering completely confidential, open-minded and non-judgemental one-to-one counselling for a wide range of personal issues.
- My practice is based at 6a Fort Crescent, Margate CT9 1HN – close to Margate’s Old Town, on the seafront, between Turner Contemporary and the Winter Gardens. Parking is available at nearby Trinity Square car park.
- I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, meeting its requirements for regular clinical supervision and ongoing professional development, and working within its published ethical guidelines. I have previously worked with clients in university and college settings, an NHS clinic, a youth counselling service, and in private practice at a natural therapy centre.
- I offer an integrative approach to psychotherapy – influenced by various theories and methods (including Freudian, Jungian, person-centred, Existentialist, and CBT approaches, for example) – combining elements of these to meet the unique requirements of each particular client, based on the increasingly widely-held view that no single counselling method is suitable for all clients and all problems.
- Counselling involves helping people to change, to move forward – and so, should be optimistic, creative, adventurous, imaginative … and often even fun ! My approach is warmly and positively commended in feedback from clients.
- I have a particular interest in intercultural counselling, and strongly welcome clients from minority ethnic backgrounds.
- I offer daytime and early evening appointments in Margate, normally lasting an hour. My current fee is £45 per session, reflecting a commitment to affordable and accessible therapeutic counselling.
- I offer new clients an extended 75-minute initial consultation for a one-off fee of just £30. Choosing the right therapist is important. This is a good first step – a low-cost opportunity to meet, discuss issues and goals, and ask questions – without any commitment to further sessions.
To book a consultation please
text me on 07702 464708
email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
or use the form below :